It is not an attempt to clone the original Tr-808 sound (would be useless as I have it anyways).
It’s more a showing deep respect for this old buddy, giving him a young brother (which can do some things the old one can’t).
More info and download: http://www.cwmodular.org/device-blackboxcwm.html
Planet Z: https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11270
– 12 vintage-style analogue drum sounds (14, if hihat seperations are included):
hihats (3 segments, for eg: closed/ open/ semi-closed)
– each sound has its own output, or can be mixed internally, with the onboard mixer (includes individual level and pan controls to stereo output)
– each sound can be muted (individual out and stereo mix out) and mapped anywhere on the control keyboard
– stereo mix output includes left and right level controls and a stereo split spatializer (makes stereo field wider)
– bassdrums are unique from each other: one being an ultra-low frequency sub-kick, the other a more punchy, attack-oriented kick
– snares have morphing tone parameters (sine to saw) and each snare has a unique noise filter, giving each snare a slightly different sound-timbre from the other
– the toms feature morphing tone parameters, as well, (sine to square) with additional pulsewidth controls
– the hihats feature a highpass filter (filters all three segments simultaneously), for onboard resonant tweaking
– every sound features a feedback and a phase shift parameter, giving the sound a metallic edge and amazing new timbre control (phase shift only functions when feedback is used)
– the plasma has all custom analogue-style percussion algorithms, designed with a decidedly electronic sound in mind
– very powerful and expressive sonically: tight velocity control, huge bass-presence, rich percussive timbre variety
– puts an end to thin, wimpy pseudo-virtual analogue drum sounds! the sounds are huge right out of the box… no need for excessive EQing or compression to get the punch you crave!
Planet Z Thread
Higens Comment: After browsing the device section I came over Beatz synth, and by listening to the demo I got very excited! I haven’t had the time to install it my self yet! But I sure will!
Listen for yourself! Thanks to Brazda lui Novac from the planetz for the demo! (presets used can be found here: https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25866
Ok, here’s the full release, lotsa controls for you to play with.
Gotta thank Brazda lui Novac for all the assistance and testing.
Knobz by Shroomz.
This is an analog style drum machine, kick, snare, hihat and 3 percussions.
Anywhere you see DK, understand it’s “decay” (before somebody asks “what does DK stand for?”)
Mod, Mod DK and Slope all work together, slope is the slope of the Mod decay.
DK Slp, is the slope for the amp env decay.
Trigger notes are GM midi, percussion’s are on tom notes F1, G1 and A1.
The 2 tone and vol controls for the hihat are for 2 different filters, 1 is HPF and 2 is BPF so you can mix and match them as wanted.
I had a pan control but figured it wasn’t that necessary and turned it into the DK Slope control because I had no room left to add it to the gui for the kick and hihat and I didn’t want to shift everything around. I’m sure most will use the separate outputs anyways so the pan is kind of useless.
I’m not sure how to post a screenshot, if somebody could assist in that please? (and how do you post a screenshot?)